I did the muffler mod, and now require MOAR POWAH! It worked pretty well I'd say.
Looks like winter came for a bit. -21 C/feels like -32 C with the wind, dropping to - 29 C, feels like -38 C with the wind. That's a bit brisk....
OPE?
It has a 16" bar on it now. I had read about guys changing sprockets for more speed. I figured with the smaller wood I cut, that I could sacrifice...
I only want a shorter bar if I could get the sprocket with more teeth. Not sure if it matters, but I think that's how they do it.
Me either, I'm flying blind at full power.
I must have the 3/8LP-6, that would be the 6 tooth sprocket then? That would explain why it's so pokey, besides the lower power I guess. The 91VXL...
If you make a short video of it idling away, or cold start/warm start turn saw on sides/nose up/nose down kinda thing maybe someone could start...
Anyone? :saw:
It matters more what you do when the cat is awake though...:rofl: :lol: Quick derail, saw a video of a guy in Russia (from his apartment) who had...
I guess I'm more saying the temperature difference of being much further north, not the elevation.:) Although localized geography/wind/weather...
I have a gauge on the side of the stove, a flue probe in the double wall, and a hand held IR. A guy just has to know!
This is probably more a mental exercise than anything (perfect for a Sunday afternoon), but could the sprocket on the Husky 240 .325-7 Tooth...
That's where a IR hand held comes in handy. But if the gauges are relatively close, that's good enough for a quick glance to see what the temp is...
If your stove has good draft at 60 F, I'd hate to see how it goes at -40.:eek: That's the thing, the point where my stove has adequate no problem...
Once you reload often enough, setting up reloading dies is easy, but for set it and forget it, your way works fine. Although when you change...
Calipers are so you can adjust the bullet depth for the correct height. Well, the seating die does that, but you need calipers to dial in the...
I wash and clean my brass trailer park style, vinegar diluted with water, and then a quick dish soap and hot water wash n rinse. I've dried brass...
I'll wade in here again (I love draft discussion!) with my thoughts. For those who haven't yet read my ramblings, I have a short over all chimney...
I laughed to myself at first about the back row. There's been a time or two I didn't run out of wood, but ran out of steam and the truck box...