45 this morning. Windows open all night and perfect t-shirt/shorts weather outside at 0500. Already up to 65 and I'm already sweating my a** off.
Awesome score! Beech is my primary wood due to the abundance of it around here and great BTUs. As others have said, it can go bad (relatively)...
I recently asked a similar ID question for the same reasons. Everyone said the same as jrider - that it looked like red maple. Hornbeam?
Finally dropped into the high 40's overnight! Not burning yet and had all the windows open to enjoy the great temps but cold weather is on the...
I stack to 5' but that is more for measurement than worrying about stability (the stacks measure at 1 1/4 cords at 5'). I double stack them...
Pallet bin with a sacrificial pallet underneath (not screwed to anything) and can also be put on top of cinder blocks for the winter.
See that all over around here with people selling similar-sized bundles of firewood by the road for $5 or $6.00. Not sure what it's like in AZ but...
Finally making progress despite the heat. The front pile of rounds is almost finished being split and stacked. Going by the cord calculator, so...
:thumbs:Guilty as charged.
It's been about three years since the last time I bought a scope from them however if I remember, it was packaged ok. I ordered a custom scope...
I've ordered from opticsplanet many times over the years. Sometimes they are a bit slow to ship (list it as in stock but have to order it) however...
When a good friend owns a Harley dealership, it can be dangerous to a bike junkie (and your wallet). I lost count of how many I've owned over the...
Free hardwood (looks to be beech and yellow birch). Hardwood firewood - farm & garden - by owner - sale [ATTACH]
According to UNH, boxelder maple is also called ash-leaved maple (Acer negundo) whereas red maple has several names: red maple, white maple, swamp...
Hophornbeam and hornbeam are two distinctly different trees, both of which grow up here. I was referencing hornbeam (not hophornbeam), also called...
Cash Larue, quite a few of the rounds I split (that I now know are red maple) have had that distinctive dark center line like the picture you're...
I get a lot of what I call swamp maple growing in the power line easement area of my property. However, they never grow large enough to bother...
Definitely not hophornbeam, I was leaning towards hornbeam (muscle wood). I hadn't considered red maple.
I get one or two of these trees a year during my scrounges and was always curious what type of wood it was. Usually forgot about it once it was...
Have been using a Stihl hookaroon for years. One of the best tools out there (IMO). [ATTACH]