I didn't get anything firewood-related done in September or October (I know, sacrilege), so I spent most of the last week trying to get caught up....
I've had a DR Power 16.5 Pro wood chipper for around 6-7 years and have had no issues. You get what you pay for (as with anything) and most of the...
Our small-town hardware store carries them but I have ordered then from Amazon a couple times.
Use the Stihl Pro Gloves when cutting, Kinco generic work gloves when splitting/stacking during warmer weather and Kinco lined gloves when it's...
Nice score! Beech is my primary firewood and I would take all I can find.
Nice little scrounge of beech this morning. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
For years I got by with just the bare necessities: (x2) chainsaws, PPE, 27-ton splitter, Splitting maul, 4x4 pickup for hauling. As time...
Beech Ash White Birch Red Oak Silver Maple Red Maple 7 cord CSS and seasoned for this winter. 4 cord CSS for next winter. 4 cord in logs or...
I still like the Husqvarna dual container that's in the center of the picture (one side for fuel/oil mix and one side for bar/chain oil, holder...
Isn't it an unwritten rule to not give up the good scrounge spots? :D I have permits for the WMNF as well as one of the state parks so I have a...
My uncle and I filled our bear tags in September. October has been a bust but still have November for whitetail. [ATTACH]
Haven't had the chance to get out and scrounge during the last couple months but finally went out the last three days. Need to take advantage of...
A neighbor burns one of these almost every evening (either spruce or hemlock). His pattern is the same as yours but he lights it using a propane...
Lots of white birch in my neck of the woods and as a scrounger, it's great when you get a green blowdown. I have quite a bit of birch mixed in my...
Too windy for smoke signals.
I have options (let's just say I have a 'selection' to choose from :D) but my go to is usually a bolt action. The bear I got last year was with a...
Just found this thread. Some great looking recipes! One of my favorite black bear chili recipes (just made it again a couple days ago). Can eat...
51 and pouring rain. If this was mid to late May, I'd probably have a fire going. Right now, I have the windows open.
I'm a big fan of bolt action rifles and am impressed with the Guide Gun (I have two, one in .375 Ruger and one in .300 WinMag). Great for brush...
I live 13 miles from the summit of Mt. Washington (as the crow flies). It's horrible up here, you would hate it :rofl: :lol:.