Did a little scrounging scouting yesterday afternoon and saw this new maple blowdown (it was 17 degrees, windy, snowing, and I didn't feel great...
Battery was dead so I'll throw it on the charger tomorrow (ATV is on the charger right now).
Finally got the last of the rounds split from the stuff I had on site. After everything was done, I took measurements of what's in the wood shed...
Being a full time scrounger, I try not to waste anything and cut down to about the 2" mark. I mix the 'skinnies' in with the rest of the stack but...
Woke up to a light dusting of snow, windy and low 20s (without the wind chill). Stoked the embers and tossed in some white birch, ash, and beech....
If I remember, I'll dig the cradle out of the shed and take a couple pictures for you showing how it mounts.
[ATTACH]
I purchased a log cradle for mine last year but have yet to install it as it won't work with the cover I use. If I recall, I purchased it from...
Nice work. I've got the same Troy-Bilt splitter and going on 11 years and countless cords with no issues.
Sorry for delay in responding, I missed your response post somehow. Neither bear was anything to write home about as one was about 170 pounds and...
Likewise. That's one of the reasons I moved over to this site as there seem to be many more 'locals' on here. Would be good to meet fellow...
Mid-20's here. Still had embers from overnight in the stove so easy to restart with some ash. Nice load of beech is burning now.
Sorry for your loss. I can empathize with you as I lost my older shepherd to lymphoma this summer. He would have turned 10 this October however...
Correct, it's an EA Wicked Grapple 60". [ATTACH]
I didn't respond to everyone that has posted however I want to thank those who thanked me for my military service, it is greatly appreciated. On...
The shed was built back in 2010 so I don't remember all the details but I did have some more pics. I would have preferred a saltbox-style roof...
Thanks and yes, it's on grade. (Before you ask, I dug down about six feet and the boulder still kept going so I just built the shed around it. The...
Not quite as organized as I would like. I started working on expanding the yard in the back earlier this year but as with everything in 2020, that...
Yes, the stacks are all double 16" rows using just the cribbed ends for support (no stakes or anything). The five stacks that I just moved to the...
Impressive! Looks like approximately 30" between the rows, just enough to get a wheelbarrow through?