I've thought about different options to move the timber closer to the road but most just aren't practical due to the terrain. I just need to...
You have to do the best with what you have and everything varies by geographic location. Where I'm at, I won't even let unsplit rounds sit on the...
Beech baby! I've been eyeballing this beech blowdown that the forest service cut up and pushed over an embankment. I'm sure others have looked at...
Use what you got! When I got my bear this year, I used the cargo liner out of my Jeep to recover it. Rolled the bear into it and drug/slid it down...
Yeah, I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. I've drug a lot of timber out the old fashioned way (especially on frozen ground or with snow cover)...
The only thing I stack separate is green oak, everything else gets mixed. My primary scrounges are beech, red maple, silver maple, ash, and white...
I've had a 362 C-M since late 2017. I wanted something with a bit more oomph than my 290 after a severe storm rolled through and brought down a...
Scrounged again this morning and was pleased to find some decent downed beech. Heck of a difference working today than when I was scrounging last...
Managed to get out and scrounge a bit early this morning before the storms rolled in. Silver maple and white birch.
I haven't used the top bracing as of yet and rely on the cribbing, however I've been thinking about modifying my stacks. If I use the side and top...
30 this morning when I got up and it reached 43 during the day so I've kept a slow burn going in the stove all day with silver maple and white...
Here's a decent SkiDoo forum posting with some ideas: What do you think is the best firewood hauling sleigh design? - Skandic / Expedition -...
My two. Unfortunately I lost my older one to lymphoma this summer. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Homemade skidder cone, nice! If I'm moving smaller logs and can get the nose off the ground I don't bother however if not, the skidder cone...
Definitely jealous. We haven't had any real snow yet and none in the foreseeable future. May be a bad year for sledding. I've got great riding...
I know a lot of people just make their own however I ended up purchasing a couple sleds over the years. I have a smaller Viking Sport Sled...
Yeah, I thought we were heading there today as well however although it did break into the low 40's, it's a cold, damp, raw day with no sun. Was...
Does it count if they just supervise while you're splitting and stacking the wood? [ATTACH]
I hate to waste anything, especially after going through the work of scrounging wood, so I fill three 30-gallon rolling trash cans with splitter...
I use three 2x10x12 PT boards on top of the cinder blocks for the base (pic 1). I agree that keeping odd-sized pieces out of the stack reinforces...