They're another tool in the tool box. They can be a lot of gear to carry if you're scrounging and I usually don't have a clear line of sight so it...
Good choice, you'll get a lot more out of the chain style. The Logosol will only allow up to a 9" log and I've actually tweaked the upright from...
That's an interesting contraption. I've had a Logosol Smart-Holder saw horse for about nine years and have used it a lot for smaller logs....
$50 for 2.5 cords doesn't sound that bad to me considering in NH, for state property (i.e., state parks), the permits for dead and down are $25.00...
Not a huge fan of used mechanical stuff due to being burned too many times in the past (mostly vehicles and motorcycles). It's always caveat...
They definitely cried wolf with this storm. I mean there is wrong and then there is c'mon, how can you be that wrong? They were still saying 12-18...
It's just (finally) starting to change over here to a mix of rain and heavy wet snow. Just got done tying up some of the branches on my young...
Yeah, it's one of those dammed if you do and dammed if you don't early season dilemmas. If we get that foot of snow they were talking about,...
Hasn't made it here yet...just lots of rain. If/when it does turn to snow, it'll be a mess cleaning up (dirt road/dirt driveway). The ground isn't...
Born and raised there until I went to boot camp. Seemed like such a quiet cow town back in those days.
Not at all. Left the first week of '85 and other than visiting family, have no desire to go back. I don't even recognize the place anymore.
Nice score! Almost looks like the pickings are better there in my old home town of Nausea than here in the middle of the national forest.
Could definitely be one heck of a 'first' storm of the season for us.
28 here maybe getting up to around 43 during the day. Put some ash on top of the embers from last night and loaded some beech on top of that. Nice...
You flatlanders have it easy down there. 9-12 inches of snow expected here on Saturday (finally!).
Decided to go out this morning in case the road gets closed. I was going to take a break from scrounging however yesterday's weather report said...
I've got the Stihl HT 101 as well (and it is extendable). Had it for about seven or eight years and while it doesn't see that much use, it is nice...
Nice! Those Portable Winch capstans really come in handy.
My last truck was a Power Wagon and the winch got a heck of a workout getting logs to the road (pic below for example). There is a lot of good...
Yep. It's strapped to the top of the rounds in the second picture.