Once bucked, yes. That's probably it for new species this year for me though, unless I get something really oddball and unexpected. Oh yeah, might...
Another first time score for me: dogwood. buZZsaw BRAD had given me a few good size rounds almost 2 years ago, but I’ve never come across any...
38/70 burning a mixed load of ash, cherry and red maple
I haven't burned any yet, and only scored a small amount for the very first time back in the spring. If your experience is that it dries fast,...
Looks like long-dead black cherry to me. I can see the remnants of a faint light colored sapwood ring on the outside of the rounds.
Is the grass greener under the tree than it is in the rest of the surrounding field?
I was just curious; looks awesome on there either way :yes:
Is that a 16" bar you put on there? I just ordered a 16" Tsumura for the Jonsered that's inbound...
Top surface of the leaves are shiny and not dull, and the general bark appearance with the orange hues inside the fissures.
Yes, 100% mulberry (white variety as opposed to native red) and you're right about males producing no berries. Same thing here in southern New...
29/68 with a small red maple/ash fire warming things up. [ATTACH]
Well this Eggscalated quickly :whistle: I think between you snatching up the Echo and me going for the J-Red, Sawdust Man isn't doing too bad this...
I'll have to see it for myself, so hopefully Sawdust Man checks his PMs soon and we can get the ball rolling. Either way I'm ready to rid myself...
C'mon man... You blowing smoke? ;)
Is this saw 0.325 pitch or 0.375?
I finally bought myself an X27 a couple months ago and I like it. I only went with the Fiskars because that's what Big Box Orange had available...
Looking sharp! That bumper will work great protecting you and the Mrs. from deer (or crowds... :whistle:)
Looks like a good refuge for the yuppie buyer. Nothing I'd ever waste money on, but I wish him/her/they/them all the best in their extortion efforts.
Another warm spell here, but burning will start again tomorrow morning. I have the stove staged up with red maple and ash in the meantime, just...
This could be fun. I plan on adding to this thread as ideas crop up, and encourage others to do the same. Let’s all expand our collective...