I'd imagine you can find a btu to square foot ratio for your climate online easy enough. As far as "newer" gassers are concerned, I have one that...
I look forward to this time of year. From September - Christmas life feels like a raceway. I enjoy the down time some. I can pick and choose...
Smart. I don't mind what I can cut and toss right into the owb.
Oh I don’t seek it out, but sometimes my tree guys drop some off.
I have my tree guys pretty well trained so no, i don’t get a whole lot but it seems to be a couple cords a year.
When its shredded like this it’s like putting half a dozen pizza boxes in the fireplace
You don’t split gum, you tear it
Best way to feel better is to work through it instead of staying in the house.
Hopefully you find plenty of good solid wood. Its been my experience that beech rots quicker than many others in log form
This weather blows!
I’ve discovered that I really enjoy burning the nastiest, stringiest gum in my fireplace. With all the tears its like a giant piece of kindling....
My record for splits from 1 round is 110 but that was roughly 4.5’ in diameter
All day and then some. I’ve put 16” oak rounds that diameter on the scale before
How the heck did they get free NG for over 40 years??
Looks like a good chance of it being maple
Yes, I have the same experience with red oak which is what I get the most of. White oak certainly takes more time. Size of splits, location, and...
OOOF!!!
Not much snow but plenty of snow making weather. I haven't been to Loon since the late 90's. Gorgeous area in general.
Definitely higher than I'd like to pay but that's the cheapest I've seen or heard of it anywhere in the state. May have to swing in there one of...
All those btu's equals a lot of weight and man is locust heavy!