I don't bother with those guys at all. Not worth it in my opinion. Around here they move as slow as molasses on a cold winter day but they do...
You'd probably have better luck not trying than actually trying....at least I would!
Yes, it will make some nice firewood.
LOL! I can promise you I wasn't trying to do that. Honestly I was hoping it would land just to the left of the stump so I was about 2 feet off...
Wow, 80 miles 1 way! Are you that far out into the country?
The unfortunate part is I was just about out of time and being as this is a lot in a neighborhood, I was afraid some kids may come along and play...
Was dropping a few more trees on the lot behind me and this white oak landed on the stump I had just made. With zero cutting it was perfectly...
Those are some big heavy rounds to be picking up. Hoping you noodle some to save the back.