Great pics and a quality saw! Glad to have you aboard!
That's an awesome tip! What was the cost savings over going with the OEM wrap?
Yes for sure, but slowly to better cultivate a long term love of the work.:handshake:
Not a problem at all. I'll just put on my magic fairy wings and lay it down gentle as you please. :rofl: :lol: All kidding aside great care will...
Thats a very nice father's day gift indeed. Not a chance of you being mistaken for a turkey in the woods now:whistle::rofl: :lol:
For those that don't know, I consider Dennis to be like an aged surrogate grandfather. :rofl: :lol: He's poking fun at me because he knows I'm...
Silver maple for the win. How close are these trees to the house Rodger? I'd check out the ISA website and find a certified arborist to do a tree...
Thanks Dennis. buZZsaw BRAD tale of woe with sledge and wedges prompted it. No one should have to suffer sledge and wedges on 16" green cherry....
1st pic looks like a big swamp cedar without the bark.
Highly valuable black willow?
I've said this before and I'll probably say it again: tree service guys like beer. A case of beer goes a long way to getting logs from said tree...
Honestly looks like hard maple leaves to me. Would need to see the bark to eliminate silver though. For reference Red maple leaf:[ATTACH]
When you understand your wood, grasshopper, then you will know true horder enlightenment. :rofl: :lol:
Could have been as simple as an ignorant hack tree service talking them into it for their "safety".
:rofl: :lol: Lol had a similar experience with a neighbor in the past. Broke out the a frame ladder and chainsaw. I literally had 9-1-1 dialed on...
Pics of the bark would clear it up right quick Marshel54
Guess you learned the hard way not to split cherry green and frozen. Sorry it was such a trial for you, but like my grandpa said the hard lessons...
This came up in another thread so I thought it would be better to not clutter it up. Some of you more experienced horders will likely already know...
I've used wild cherry in my smoker with good results. You gotta do something with the cookies amiright!:rofl: :lol: [MEDIA]
Silver maple and houses/yards don't mix well. Probably one of the worst trees to top. Should ask him who did the work and avoid that person in the...