I don’t think it is removed... I just think the amount is so minuscule per 1/4 teaspoon serving that they are able to round down to zero grams.....
Guessing that the splits were from near the base of the tree... the limited knowledge I have of fatwood is that it can form in standing dead...
Looks like Fat Wood.... Sap will dry and burn like a champ.... or you could split small and use as fire starters... I wouldn’t even think...
:pete::coldone::drunk::cheers::beerbbq: Seriously though, can you put them on backwards or sideways, and cinch them up while around your waist...
Actually, there’s probably around 40-45% air in the cribs... most of my crib splits are a little less than 1/3 of the width of the crib.. so...
And probably get dinner while you’re at it! Did someone say something about puppies?:whistle: [ATTACH]
Excuse my opinion, but that doesn’t make sense.. If you are good at cutting and splitting, stacking should be a breeze... You must be...
Pop a couple pieces out, test the moisture and see if you can get some kind of kiln effect with it... should heat up nicely in a sunny location....
Could be chestnut oak... http://forestry.ohiodnr.gov/chestnutoak Its mature bark is different than any other Oak, having ridges that are...
Status?
Tannins? Tannin - Wikipedia
Too Much is better than Not Enough!!!
I was watching that build thread. Came out really nice....
You talking about framing and then spray foaming from the bottom? I guess I don’t have enough knowledge to comment on it... a closed cell foam...
If you’re going to go with a crawl space, I would make sure that space is conditioned too. Insulate the exterior foundation to retain the heat....
There may be erosion concerns unless you could divert on a hard surface or through a pipe or tubing. People use rain barrels in conjunction with...
That makes sense then. So you would fire up the rocket mass heater several hours prior to use of the space and then just let it cruise until you...
Curious as to why it would be spotty. Do you have storage? Does your indoor gasser barely keep up in the coldest temps? I think a rocket mass...
I would think one would consider an indoor boiler before a mass heater. The indoor boiler, contained in the building envelope with hot water...
Welcome gastone You’ll fit right in here. Sounds like you have a good plan...