I’m thinking it’s a Tilia species similar to Basswood or Linden. Having a location of “earth” makes it a little more difficult to narrow down...
Funny thing about red maple... Was gathering some wood from a neighbor who lost a couple trees last fall. He had a small stack of rounds that...
Red Maple...
Could you cut through the knot? damm it.... looking at this pic of the split, I’m now leaning maple... best way to solve this is to send it...
Post a pic of the end grain... that’ll help clear up the pine vs maple debate.... looking closer at it, I could go either way at this point......
Agree with Paul bunion .. the first pic looks like it’s been sitting for a bit so the sapwood is starting to get punky. It’ll burn just fine...
How about a skyline?....... as the saying goes “when in Rome.......” or in this case, the Pacific Southwest (of Canada)..... should only set you...
Welcome spudman99. Great and informative first post.... when you get a chance, post some pics of your setup and introduce yourself. Maybe...
Move the house three feet to the right so you have room for another row....:rofl: :lol:
What are you doing with the other half of your basement for insulation? Will you insulate that too or will there be insulation between the...
Makes sense. So resist the urge to take a peek every five minutes as that could heat things up. Separate note, now that you are retired can you...
WeldrDave So is it the restricted airflow that helps prevent flaming combustion from happening with the dry wood? I haven’t done any smoking but...
I would think if you combine it with some charcoal, the added moisture content would allow the smoke to roll out in a slow and controlled fashion....
Could it be related to a chatelaine without all the accessories?
I would think the creosote buildup would be more of a problem during the off season. What is the humidity of the stove room in the summer time?...
[MEDIA]
Too late now, but I put bricks and cinder blocks under my pallets to get them up off the ground and to level them for stacking. Will get a pic...
I’m gonna go with Oregon White Oak. Quercus garryana... Oak Species: Common Trees of the Pacific Northwest
Looks kind of like this. Small-Greenhouse Plans for Winter Growing - DIY - MOTHER EARTH NEWS
Three words... Better Business Bureau... Been a lot of help to me in the past...