Here’s a short article that talks about it... What Is the Difference Between Sapwood and Heartwood? | Autumn 2007 | Articles| Woods Whys
The heart wood is rot resistant... the sap wood, not so much. So the timbers that you are referring to are likely just heartwood.
You back in Amarillo or still up on the PNW? Standing by for Pics...:ithappened:
Somehow I’m just not believing that they came in a UPS truck.;)
Fungus is BTU’s too. I don’t discriminate. When the wood is dry, the fungus will die... it all goes in the stove...
Get yourself one of these..... the bar and chain are included for free... then send it out to Mastermind to get some extra bananas. There,...
+1. That’s what I did.... no intent to ever use my fireplace as a fireplace again...
I made one out of a piece of 2x6 I had kicking around. Screw the liner to it, tie a rope and pull. Depending on the dimensions of chimney you...
My local dealer has the MS441 for $999. Is there something about the MS440 that would make it a more desirable or valuable saw?
I think I can say that the below book was not only my favorite forestry book, but my favorite book of all time.... had a strong influence on...
Agree with papadave get it... if you don’t have a sawbuck, it’ll give you reason to build one.. or you can just hang it out of a pickup...
Here ya go.... Harman PF100 furnace I know nothing. Welcome and good luck!! :handshake:
How much you want for one? Details on the acquisition? Good looking units...
That’s too bad... didn’t know that happened. I would have bought more...
But they did eventually sell out. Right? Are you saying that the price at which they were offered was not enough to recoup the expenses? I can...
Looks like a good haul.. How did you get the logs on the trailer? Did you park the trailer so you were rolling them down hill? Do you have a...
I put my wooden pallets on blocks, bricks and cobblestones.. It gives the stacks more airflow underneath and helps me to level the pallets since...
Glad you stuck to your guns.. Too bad you didn't get in there earlier to get the 20k he paid to have them dropped... Don't know the whole...
My neighbor did the same thing..... The woods are on my property....:picard:
[MEDIA]