Today's word from the Kentucky Dictionary of Country Vernacular is heel. Now, don't goes confusing dis wit da part of the foot below da ankle...
I think you put me on the right track. I looked up ironwood and found the name covers several species, including what I think it is, hophornbeam....
Black oak takes a very long time. It has a high moisture content, for oak, and doesn't give it up easily because of its density.
Another reason it's also known as 'forever wood.'
What it iz? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
^^^^Ash
:faint::thumbs:
:BrianK: Now students, what have we learned about escape routes from this interesting and somewhat sad photo?:rofl: :lol:
My brand new County Line 25 ton got submerged up to the bottom of the ram in a flood last year. No water got into the ram, but there was some...
I've been using synthetic in my splitter and have wondering if it was the correct choice. The manul didn't mention synthetic but I figured if I...
Sooo...Size does matter!:p :rofl: :lol::picard:
:BrianK: "Some days yas gets da bear, and some days da bear gets you! You done gots got!:p :salute:
You've got your work 'cut out' for yourself! I got a couple of loads of red oak like that a few years ago. They were a lot of work but they will...
:faint: :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
By the looks of the bark the larva have left the building so the chances of spreading are almost nil. If you find capital 'D' shaped holes in the...
Sometimes :coldone: helps seal the deal.
What brand catalyst did you purchase?
It depends on the laws of your state and county. For example here in Kentucky a tree service was contracted by the state Transportation Cabinet to...
The former content of that empty rack is on my porch awaiting its demise in the wood stove.
That's right, I lost about of cord in last spring's flood. All my stacks were in water up to their bellybutton. Even my splitter was under water...