:rofl: :lol: I envy your open sunny stacks. With my very limited stacking space I have one area that's gets decent sun 2/3 of the day. Most of...
I call this playing musical firewood. Wood always on the move. Nice when you can push the wheelbarrow right into the basement like that. My old...
Thanks Jeff. :handshake: Yes the old gut is back to normal. Hereditary from my mom. My not so good diet at times doesn't help!
Twelve cherry bundles done today. I noticed some of them seemed heavier so I'll set these aside for a month or two to dry more. For some reason...
Bacon wrapped boneless skinless chicken was today's smoke using cherry. Before [ATTACH] After. [ATTACH] Pretty good. Ends a tad dry, but moist...
Very true. Lose the hinge and center of the trees gravity takes over. I've lost some by over cutting the hinge:emb:. Patience is key when...
I don't fell trees that often. I use the Humbolt notch. Im thinking this keeps the tree butt from going backwards as it falls. Plus the bottom...
X2. I've only split a small amount of such back in the Winter.
I was out of cherry here and brought in a couple heaping wheelbarrows full yesterday. Split off the bark with my little electric splitter. Ill...
I threw a number at them and they agreed. I think it was $80 round trip. I used to go by the mile sort of the way you do, but now I'll check...
Mulberry shards. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I started doing that with barkless BL 2-3 years ago. If I know wood will generate lots of shards I'll have an...
No, not a beer diet! :rofl: :lol:
Tried some raw turkey sausage using hickory. Couple hours plus and they were tasty. Even tastier as I've been on a liquid diet all week and the...
Good deal. I've stacked wood based on the chart and it is pretty accurate. Harvest down to 4" diameter. Most tree guys go down to 6-8" from...
X2. Rather simple to IME.
Yes that is an expensive cord, right MikeInMa? Did they buck it to length for you? If you measure the DBH and its 16" tree will yield a half...
Id be all over that too. Nice find and good eyes! :thumbs:
Theres a similar red oak in back of my mother's former property like that. I built a tree fort in it and had a field day with a hammer and...
Thats what were here for! :D :handshake: and aren't we considered family???...dysfunctional yes,:wacky: but still family!
I can count pear and MB sales on two hands combined for YTD. I had an inquiry for my 1/4 cord of MB on FBM. Turns out they bought a half cord of...