I have no problem burning some of the uglies and crotchie" pieces either , easy to load and burn great. I actually started this season burning...
I would say it is usually just mark it to length and cut. Crotches that are too ugly get noodled instead of trying to split. Splitting makes some...
Small rounds get mixed in and stacked without splitting. Anything ; Ohhh... maybe 4 inches or bigger gets split at least once.
I have a couple pieces of PVC pipe in different lengths I use and a lumber crayon , the 16 inch is my go to length. Honestly I never marked...
Buzz Benton = Nice stacks you have there. I probably split a little smaller than what I need to but for the small stove in the house it seems a...
I am burning Elm this year for the first time, and it has been really nice to burn. Most of it bark-less so no mess when I bring it in, lights...
Sorry to hear , It ain't easy !! Just keep the years and good times you had together in the front of your mind. They are without a doubt a part...
Thanks buddy Time to get after it! Working on the Kookie'-Jig" for the mill now and just ordered another box of blades , should keep us busy for...
I cook baked potatoes in my stove , A little seasoning on them and wrap in foil then cook just inside the door on a few coals . They come out...
:eek::eek::eek: RUN !!!
We did talk about milling before BRAD went to town. Well :headbang::doh: I guess I really might have dropped the ball on that one !! I have a CSM...
That could make some really nice looking boards. I would love to run across some like that in log length.
Be happy to let you use it , the commute might be a little long for you though.
LOL Same thing goes on at our house. If our two aren't laying on top of each other then they are like book-ends on either side of the stove. They...
I have burned very little with the exception of some Black Locust that Brad had given me to try. Tossed some on after fire was burning and it did...
Log Arch ?[IMG]
Hey Brad. Any mill logs in there??
I'm in!!
Nice ! and welcome . Great spot here and sure you will enjoy it.
Wire loom or maybe a piece of rubber hose , you would either have to cut the plug off or split the hose and tape it back around the wires. And...