My father ran used oil in his old McCulloch and never had an issue. Personally I use the Stihl brand bar oil in all of my saws. Bars and chains...
Nice score and pictures. What kind of tires are you running on that truck? :dex:
Funny, my wife squirms every time I mention finding wood on Craigslist or anywhere else for that matter. I put her through the ringer on several...
Wow, I thought I read all of the thread to...ok, just send me two truckloads so I will be doubly sure. :dex:
As someone mentioned, the block still has 18% water retained it which if you think about it is quite substantial. I burn some large rounds of...
I agree that a dull chain will require more work and fighting to get through the wood, so in some way there is an associated risk. My point I...
I am not sure that is locust, I suggest sending me a truck load and I will get back to you with an expert opinion and a coffee tin of ash!!...
Maple for sure, looks to be hard maple as best I can tell....
I split some curly maple that was 3 years seasoned once. Stopped a 27 ton splittter dead.
I agree, cut live trees in the fall or early winter before they start pushing sap. Leaves will draw some moisture out, but still leaves the wood...
I built a permanent shed for the current years wood. I use both tarps and old metal roofing for the stacks that are a year from the shed. I think...
If you are on the 3 year plan, you should be safe regardless. I believe even if the moisture content is below 20%, it still may hiss a little also.
I do not keep things separate in my stacks. If I was retired or wealthy and did not have a time crunch, maybe. I burn 2/3 of a cord in a week...