It was from an old hickory tree along the property line. It had remnants of nails from old school tree stands. I am just shocked I missed it.
[ATTACH] Thankfully I found this in the wood furnace this morning, and not with the 461. Heard an odd metallic ting taking the morning coals....
Not sure what your budget is, but I assume you will get a great deal tomorrow from any dealer. I bought my 3500 Silverado on the last day of 2015...
Looks like hickory to me, as best I can tell. The center does not seem dark enough, but the bark looks like hickory.
Break them in young. So many kids are so lazy. I am guessing he will turn out to be a fine hardworking lad. :dex:
Hmmm. That would take me one swing......one swing of the hookaroon before I drag it to the splitter :dex:
I really enjoy it. Makes unloading my flat bed trailer much quicker, plus stacking logs is quick and clean. Highly recommend one to anyone.
Well done sir
30 degrees and snowing. Got a small batch of hickory, maple and cherry ( 3 inch in diameter) limbs burning. Going to load up with big hickory...
I suggest the 3038E John Deere. I have one and love it. It is not a bell and whistle tractor, but runs well and skids logs well with a Norse...
I also found that it sparked a lot when opening the stove door
Definitely not sugar/hard maple. Should be able to tell with your saw and/or axe.
Good point!!!!!:banana:
Wow, that is heavy duty. I hope he is not splitting off the beaten path. Looks like you bring the wood to it, not it to the Wood. I would love...
I am like yooper, splitting for the sake of drying is a lot of extra work. If you are on the 3 year plan, I suggest leaving them intact up to the...
Congrats on the score! I had/have similar luck last year. Found a free ad on craigslist, so I stopped after work. The guy cut down 10 small...
You mean I am not crazy?:dex:
Nice drop, no hang up or anything. My last few hickories had a big canopy and hung up a bit on the way down. Well done:dex:
You need to fell the tree with your saw, not fell the tree on your saw Joking of course. I swear by stihl, but do have one bit of real advice....
I suggest buying a stihl ..... problems solved