Welcome to the site. I have been on here for a little over a year. Having burnt wood for over 20 years, I still find a ton of info on here. Enjoy!
Couple more pics . First is the 461 with a 20 inch bar on the second tree stump. Last three just show where I worked the last two days. 4 beech,...
Two more beeches hit the snow. Keeping 4 logs out for milling. Had a little hang up with a basswood, minor issue. Done dropping for now, start...
Sounds like s good day. My plan is to get out tomorrow, wind and weather permitting
What is your big saw? If you are in a 660, I would say a 362 or 261 would make sense. On longer days I travel with a 310 and 461. I struggle...
I would like to thank Moderating for my Christmas gift. I truly appreciate what you guys have done and really enjoy this site!!! The gift card...
Not cutting in any roads, but thinning several beech trees. There are roads, but the snow makes it hard to see them.
Nice load. What saw were you running to block that up?
Looks like you had a nice day in the woods also. Wind and hail pushed me out. Hope you got to make it longer than I did.
I cut the ash first as it grew very crooked and was in the path of the two beeches.
I thought the title may throw s few people off, not the right forum for those updates:emb:
Erik, of the five trees, two were near dead. These vines are a pain. They actually held up the last two trees in the picture below. The maple...
[ATTACH] All blocked. One tank of gas in the 461
A little morning tease for everyone [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Go new or used with low hours. Warranty is worth its weight in gold and you never know how the previous owner used it before. :dex:
I saw this earlier. Sad to some extent. I imagine it would have been something to witness fall though.....
After watching this forum, I got the bug Look what showed up in the mail today.....[ATTACH]
If it's solid, you might be able to make some sweet lumber out of the trunk. :dex:
So my hope is to spend a majority of tomorrow in the woods working up and hauling the beech I mentioned earlier. Touched up the chain on the 880...
I am sure I could make it happen and make it work. I just love my big beast wood furnace and love cutting wood to feed it. Hope it all comes...