One UGLY load of poplar today. I don't normally load like it's pregnant, but I couldn't eyeball the load to save my life lol. Thought it was a box...
Eric VW nailed it in his post. Even if the teeth are sharp, if the rakers are too high, you can't get a bite. And watch out if you get them too...
Have you dropped the rakers on your chain yet? It doesn't take much to make quite a difference.
I was referring to the canola oil use actually.:thumbs: I'm a frugal guy, and find it works well.
Welcome to the dark side.
I just snapped a pick of a cord (give or take) here. Not tight and not loosey goosey. Only the ends that are cribbed seem to have a lot of air...
Same here, non cat stove.
My chimney cap can get a bit ornery to take off (didn't secure/twist on fully one time, paying ever since!) due to the smoky tar that seems to...
x 2
We love having "our hummies" around, but they disappeared late August/early September I believe. Can't believe how much lift/wind they make for...
I accomplished pretty much what you're talking about once last year for myself. It was pine that was kicking around here from many years back,...
The Erik B cord, like a bakers dozen but better!:D
I don't think that's very good pricing. You'll burn yourself into the poor house in short order I would think.
I tested a piece of unseasoned poplar last winter to see if winter drying was anything useful. I'm pretty sure it's colder in Saskatchewan than Va...
I asked the neighbor the same question a few years back when I started processing my own wood. He says" You can, but do you really want to? I'm...
We've again had a few cool evenings and mornings that were a few degrees above freezing (+2 to +4 C) which required glorified kindling fires....
No kidding.:hair:
The only complaint I ever have with these saw tuning sheets (step 9), is they advise to run the saw rich on the high side, and then run it lean on...
Finally had the chance for a glorified kindling fire last night, and this morning. The weather is warming up again, so the stove will go cold...
I've read that a bigger pipe will really hurt draft. I ran a 1 foot chunk of 6", and a 1 foot chunk of 8" into a volume calculator. This is cubic...