I can empathize. When I watch the propane delivery trucks rolling down my road, I always see the drivers eyeballing my firewood hoard. I'm not...
MS 661 MAGNUM® | Chainsaws | STIHL USA
Must be nice to see a 500i on the shelf. There isn't one to be found anywhere around here.
Winter is starting to shape up like a few years ago where you guys got all the snow down your way and we hardly got squat. They couldn't even...
For me it depends on where the rounds are being processed in relation to where the wood is getting stacked. Most of the time I split one ATV...
If you were closer, I'd let you borrow my chipper and you could tackle this 8' high pile of branches I've been procrastinating about getting rid...
Nice! Let me know when you file for the patent.
Here you go... Posch Packfix firewood storage system - YouTube
Ugh, keep that warm weather down at your part of the state (although seeing the sun would be nice). We've been in the mid-thirties all day and...
Finally heard back from the dealer a few days ago and as suspected, no 500i saws are available. According to the Stihl rep, they are due to be...
I could see 10 cords in a bad winter. I've never seen the show so have no idea what type of stove they're using, what size house they're heating,...
Went back out later in the afternoon and split a another pallet load. Need to stack it all today before the sleet/freezing rain comes in.
You guys were getting more snow recently than we were. Send winter up here where it's supposed to be. 70 degrees and putting a log on the fire?...
So I'm trying to turn over a new leaf. I enjoy the scrounge...being in the woods, looking for dead and down, cutting/bucking, getting the timber...
Since I'm 12 miles (as the crow flies) from the cloudiest place in the U.S. (outside of Alaska), I don't worry too much about my stacks in...
I have a lot of spindly red maple that grows under a power line easement and it grows the same way you describe. I don't spend much time going...
Thanks. I'll probably wait for things to freeze up a bit more as it's a bit boggy in there. It's also not as easy to get motivated to process...
And what little soil there is sits on top of our beloved granite so there is nothing for the root system to bite into. About ten years ago we had...
Found this tree on my property while walking through the woods this morning. Must have blown over during the storm this past weekend. Should be a...
21 right now with the chance for a couple inches of snow during the day. Red oak mixed with some ash going in the stove this morning. I had the...