Great pics as always. Hope this year brings you a great season in the woods. Personally, I'm not feeling positive about a better 2021 after this...
These also work great on timber saws. I was cutting some 5-6" dead red oak up on my property and didn't feel like hauling the chainsaw around...
OFFS....when I said "standard" I meant average. Over the years, from what I have seen, most HH that the average person builds are on 4 pallets...
I think the use of the the phrase 'taking up less space' is not meant in scientific or mathematical aspects but in the physical space the stacks...
The Mad Dog mount looks pretty similar to the Moose chainsaw holder I have. (First pic is just a stock photo.) I installed the Polaris metal rack...
I can understand the 'hype' about oak however it isn't a big draw for me (we only have red oak around here). My 'top of the list' for where I'm at...
I've been using these Kinco lined gloves while processing firewood during the cold weather for years. For CSS, I would say I get about 8-10+ cords...
If that is sugar or red maple, then that's a great load. If it's silver maple...not so much (still good but not as nice as sugar or red). As for...
I'm the other way around...I'll take feet of snow over any rain this time of year. With the flash freeze that is coming at the end of the rain it...
Going to be a mess around here Thursday night into Friday. As of last night's weather report, we're in one of the locations for 3-4 inch rainfall,...
I've been using a John Wright cast iron steamer for the last 11 years (same as the one shown below). It's held up well but as others have said, a...
Been snowing off and on all day so it was a good time for a mix of silver maple and beech in the wood stove. Had a good dinner of black bear chili...
Could definitely have been worse. I was helping a friend last year clear some plowed banks and I asked them three times if there were any...
The only upgrade I would be interested in would be a hydraulic lift, otherwise my 27-ton hydraulic has done what I need it to do for the last 11...
Yes, just takes some getting used to. Great when working on dead and down but not ideal when dropping trees if you have to move quickly to an...
As a retired bomb tech I'm just going to leave this one alone....
I feel your pain. I had that happen several years ago when I was still doing contract work out of state and relied on a 'friend' to clean off my...
They definitely come in handy! [ATTACH]
Good morning to all. Still snowing here with about six or so inches so far. Pretty tired of all the hype for these storms and the media gets worse...
I agree. Been using one of those for years and it makes easy work of bucking everything from limbs to about 9" logs. [ATTACH]