We see a lot of the beech bark disease up here as well. Seems like so many non-native insects and diseases are running rampant and destroying our...
Green beech definitely has some weight to it. For those 22-24" rounds I got last season, I used the grapple on the tractor to load them on the log...
Not sure if you ever plan on selling the (recovered) truck but make sure the vehicle is reported as being recovered. I had a Jeep at a body shop...
I have three 870s (two older Express Magnums and a newer tactical). While there are much fancier shotguns out there, the 870s have done everything...
BTU charts vary however most rate silver maple not far below white birch and hemlock. With that being said, I always have silver maple in my...
Beech is my go to up here since we have so much of it locally. The pic below was my first scrounge of last year (I don't usually come across beech...
Never was too good at estimating that by looking at the logs/rounds however a rough guesstimate of what I cut yesterday plus what was dropped off...
I've just seen some posts where people say they don't touch trees under a certain diameter. Must be nice to have that luxury.
I haven't had the chance to get out yet this year to start my 2021 scrounging, so when a friend said he had flagged some trees for me I was glad...
I'm with the others, the left one is beech and the right one is red maple.
[ATTACH]
Some of the 21-22 stacks and it's still snowing. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
I've had the forester kit for a couple years now. When I would go out scrounging, I brought chainsaws, a peavey, a timberjack, etc., and it seemed...
Nice post Smaug. Unless it's an oddity, for the most part I can no longer remember when/where I scrounged the wood I am currently burning. It's...
Been a pathetic winter here for those of us who like to snowmobile and snowshoe. C'est la vie. Been burning 24/7 but have still used less than...
I have two sleds I use in the winter, a 4-1/2' x 2' Viking sport and a 6' x 3' Otter Magnum sled. I can pull either with the ATV or snowmobile or...
Sounds intriguing however where I usually end up scrounging is in a national forest and they kind of frown on a lot of rigging in the trees.
Woke up to some of the white stuff this morning. We were mostly down to bare ground thanks to that bizarre warm weather and heavy rain on...
Not unless you count nailing a red squirrel.
I was able to get the squirrel when it was in the shed so I used the Crosman P1377BR .177 caliber pellet pistol. For longer ranges (and those darn...