Pleasant surprise from my local arborist today...a decent dump trailer load of hardwood right in my processing area. Everything is fresh cut from...
There are some ideas in the link below that have been discussed previously. A lot depends on the size of the rounds you are trying to lift. I...
Nice setup! Before I traded in my Ram 2500 I was thinking of getting a tandem dump trailer so I could also tow my tractor. After deliberation, I...
Same here. I mainly use the log tongs when skidding with the tractor or sometimes when winching with the truck but prefer a choker chain with the...
Congrats, you're going to have fun with that model. Like others, I have the prior model 290 (going on 12 years) and couldn't even fathom a guess...
I wish however we do not have a spring bear season here. Thankfully regular bear season is just 4 1/2 months away (hard to believe it's already...
Temps dropped off quick yesterday evening so had a nice fire going in the Regency with silver maple and white birch. Mother Nature is throwing a...
I have the Silky Gomtaro and Bigboy 2000 that I purchased back when I was doing trail maintenance for the Appalachian Mountain Club. As you said,...
So this one has me stumped. In almost twelve years of harvesting firewood around here, I don't recall ever getting a tree with dark heartwood like...
Couldn't get the truck in where I was scrounging today but did get 8 (ATV) trailer loads. That's gotta count for something! 2 red maple trees, 1...
When I was leaving after cleaning up the four trees earlier, I pointed out a birch that was on its last legs. Well, when he cut that birch down,...
My neighbor let me know that he had another four trees for me (already dropped) so I made a few trips today. He had already cut one into sections...
I've only run one tank through mine however it already appears to be a gas guzzler. Not complaining considering the 79cc's but it was noticeable.
X3.
That's some good looking beech (my favorite firewood).
Awesome!
Lost my older one to cancer last year. Same bloodline with one generation in between (grandpa and grandson). [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
It's a Kioti DK4210. I have a 60" grapple that I would have preferred to use over the forks. I hadn't dug it out yet from where I had it stored...
Finished bucking everything from the log load the arborist dropped off. My original estimate was short and it looks like about 1-1/4 cords (not...
It's quite a shock considering I was still burning 24/7 just a few days ago (and still have a few piles of snow left). I'm concerned about how...