I can empathize. There has not been a year where I don't rethink/rework how I stage the logs/rounds to be processed and where I stack the splits....
Interesting, and I'm not familiar with the landscape varieties as just about everything I get around here is wild growth. An old forest service...
Nice score! A friend just dropped off some swamp (yellow) birch and red maple logs yesterday that his mom wanted taken down. I don't go out of my...
While I wish we would have weather cold enough for snow, I think we're done for the year. I'm trying to remember what brand trailer you're using....
Nice! It was sunny and warm (by my standards) and not much of a breeze so the bugs were out in full force. Figure it's only going to get hotter so...
There you go putting logic into my chaos. But you're right, five of the trees I need to take down are on my own property so I can wait on those....
:binoculars:Wow, congrats!! [ATTACH]
Did some bucking today to add to the round stacks. Dang, that round pile looks a lot smaller in the picture (considering some areas are about 7'...
With the color of the new truck, most people think I'm forest service or some other state department. I have a few "Danger - Unexploded...
One of the areas where I scrounge is near an old logging town (long since abandoned) that is now part of the national forest. There are some old...
I've looked for black locust up here but have never come across any and have never burned any (to my knowledge). Good to learn about the life...
That's funny on one hand however on the other I just did something like that a couple days ago. I was out scrounging and found a beech blow down...
Same here. It's not too bad in the wood lot where it's open and there is a slight breeze however I took the ATV back in the boonies to check out a...
It's the first time I took the 500i out on a scrounge however I'm on my third tank of fuel as I have been using it at home. Definitely impressed...
I agree with you on that. When I found this beech blowdown, I only had the 290 with me so I drove home to get the 500i (I used the rationale that...
We have a lot of the beech blight up here as well however thankfully there are still huge tracts of healthy trees. I try to keep an eye on a few...
I agree. The leaves are just starting to really come out here so it is getting more difficult to see the blow downs. Plus it's getting into that...
Absolutely! Beech is definitely my firewood of choice. I was getting jealous of all the pictures you've been posting lately of your beech scores...
Went out scrounging this morning and ended up with three beech blow downs and one small ash. Used the 290 for everything except the large beech...
And to make it even better, a friend dropped off a bunch of hemlock. Gotta love a day when you get over a cord of free wood delivered! Time to get...