Same here. Too much to do so I'll be out in the heat. A cold front is coming through today (69 right now) and tomorrow is looking like the coolest...
I grew up feeding the old pot-bellied stove so it's in the blood. I now live in the middle of the woods and sometimes run the wood stove during...
That sucks, hope you feel better soon. This last week's weather just sucked the motivation right out me (80+ degree weather with humidity). Not...
Dang, I feel jipped. The last time I went to buy a hat they were sold out so all I ended up with was a 500i. I would have preferred to wait for a...
That's a great pile of BTUs! I know there are a lot of black locust fans on this site but beech is hands down my favorite.
I can relate to the 'wood snob' mentality. Back in the day I would grab just about any hardwood scrounge I could get. Now that I'm on the 3+ year...
Good idea!
Thanks. I think it will be more than enough for what I use the tractor for. I don't move brush piles that often, but wanted the extra protection...
I didn't snug the bolts for the pivot section down tight, however it takes some effort to drop the top part when the pins are pulled. I haven't...
LOL. Part of my reasoning is that the tractor and implements are still cheaper than a third future ex-wife. As for the quick release, you are...
Thanks for the info. I couldn't find Norway maple on any BTU chart but like you said earlier, it appears comparable to ash. The only thing I see I...
The factory grill guard on many compact tractors is mostly worthless (IMO) when moving brush (or anything that might poke a hole in the radiator)....
Reminds me of the good old days when we had carburetors on Harleys. Didn't matter how many years you had been riding, sooner or later you forgot...
This will be the first Norway maple I think I've ever burned. Burned a lot of red and silver maple over the years so looking forward to seeing how...
It works great. The only issue I had was that Kiotis have plastic radiators and the factory brushguard doesn't offer much protection from a stray...
Thanks! The grapple is slowly paying for itself.
Thanks. I keep planning to stop scrounging and start splitting however this was too good to pass up. The trailer is about maxed out so it was a...
Got a nice head's up from the power line crew that the property owners where they were dropping a couple decent Norway maples wanted the trees...
Question for anyone using stock tanks for raised gardens. I have three 6' stock tanks that I will be using for growing vegetables this year...