I broke bread with them a couple years ago when they were doing some right of way clearing on my road. They were back in the area last month so I...
Feels good to be on the 3+ year plan!
Tempting....very tempting!
:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol: Nope, just eyeball them (although I do measure where the cinder block bases are so they are all in alignment). I have a...
:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol: I'll use my newest saw just in case... [ATTACH]
The tree crew didn't hit any metal (thankfully) however I agree that the markings have me thinking there is the chance for finding some in the...
So I thought I was done scrounging for a while so I could focus on splitting and other things. However, the power line tree crew dropped off...
It was definitely a great investment!
As an example, here's a couple shots of some Norway maple I scrounged a couple weeks ago showing some dark heartwood coloring. The large rounds in...
“As we honor their memory today, let us pledge that their lives, their sacrifices, their valor shall be justified and remembered for as long as...
Black flies are out and about near the rockpile (I'm southwest of you). Just the usual annual nuisances this time of year (black flies, mosquitos,...
The majority of my scrounges come from state and federal lands (permits are $25 per cord for state and $10 per cord for federal). The last couple...
You must be thinking about buck/bird shot. When most people are hunting big game with shotguns, they are using slugs. A 12 gauge shotgun slug is...
Fiberglass stick w/magnet (was sold under the brand Firewood Buddy) or an Acc-U-Mark. (1) How to mark firewood length | Firewood Hoarders Club
[ATTACH]
Thanks. I realize I probably put more time and effort into stacking than I need to, however I like the look and I like being able to know how much...
It stayed in the 60s here with the sun shining and a slight breeze so bugs were not bad. An excellent day to get a large chunk of the logs bucked...
Got the big pile of logs bucked up today as well as about 20 four-footers I didn't get to last fall. I still have the large pile of logs by the...
One of those days I was glad for the 25" bar. [ATTACH]
Got down to 38 last night! Had the windows open and it felt great. Up to 66 now and I'm heading out to buck some rounds. Only wish the temps would...