Someone is being creative after cleaning up their back yard.... Starter firewood - free stuff (craigslist.org)
Got the other two tanks positioned and put the 3/4 stone in the bottom of each tank. Just have to get the soil, compost, and peat in the two new...
Right now it's organized chaos out back with so many projects going on.
Good info to know.
That's a great question. The soil is very rich, so I am hoping it will retain the moisture. However, I am wondering if the metal heating up in the...
I liked the idea of using pallets (cheaper than PT wood, that's for sure), however I would have to use two per tank and that would get kind of...
I put about 6" of 3/4 stone in the bottom to aid in drainage. I know other people that use stock tanks put everything from large rocks to milk...
So I ended up going with my original plan but added 2x8 PT boards under the stock tanks. I like the format (and ran out of room) so I am getting...
Congrats on the 'upgrade' to your processing system. I've used the vertical mode of my splitter off and on over the last 12 years however I'm not...
Dang, that sucks. But as always, it could have been worse. I just watched my Jeep getting hauled off on a flatbed, so I can empathize about...
When your dog wants the best vantage point to supervise you while you're working. [ATTACH]
I always bring a bunch of Propel water with me when out processing and it definitely makes a difference. During this time of year, I usually keep...
Yeah, I think I "need" a 36" bar... Stihl MS 500 i with 36" bar. - YouTube
Even more so when you have a tractor!
Same here yesterday. I started early when it was in the 70's and finished when it was around 90. It's the humidity that I hate more than anything....
:thumbs: Absolutely! A great investment and I'm glad I waited for my dealer to get one instead of buying the 462.
I was thinking about getting a 462 last fall before buZZsaw BRAD told me about the 500i. Cha-ching. I tried sending him the bill for that however...
Awesome score! And isn't it great processing firewood in 90+ degree weather with high humidity? (Insert sarcasm there...).
I very seldom get anything over 20" in diameter (due to the logistics of getting timber out of the national forest). I agree with you on the...
I would have been hard pressed to get these without the grapple so it has been a good investment. Well now I have to get the 36" bar. It's all...