I have an eclipse insert in my pole barn that is worth more in scrap than its worth if sold as a working appliance. I've thought of selling it but...
Yesterday morning I had to go dig out the ditch in front of the house (basement drains run to the ditch, and the outlet gets plugged with leaves...
Last week was a long week as far as work goes. Enjoyed the nice weather yesterday, then we got slammed with a pretty good storm. No damage at my...
Won't be able to get pics until later this week. I'm up in northern MI for work through Wednesday. I got the brush at a home brew supply store....
The manual in mine didn't say much about cleaning at all. This is my rough cleaning plan: Yank the cleaning rod a couple times. Remove the top...
Approximately 70 bags. I was hoping to end the season with 2 tons left. That didn't work out so well.
My house, built in 1959, has electric radiant heat wires in the walls and the ceilings. It's embedded in the plaster. The house was converted to...
The word here for tomorrow is freezing rain. I'm close to the predicted rain/freezing rain line, so a shift a few miles north would be fine with...
Fired the Fahrenheit back up a bit ago. It's going to get close to freezing tonight and the weather folks are calling for freezing rain overnight...
Here is 9 pounds of sheer ankle biting terror. Ok, not really. I grew up with Old English Sheepdogs and Newfoundlands, so I wasn't quite sure what...
62 yesterday at this time, 32 now according to my thermometer. Welcome to spring. Now there is talk about freezing rain Wednesday night/Thursday...
It would be interesting to know, on an otherwise normally functioning stove, how much current is being drawn by the "old" motor. The current...
Shut the Fahrenheit off yesterday for the first time in a long, long time. It hit 62 yesterday. Woke up this morning and the house was 65....
Today was a long day. My work day that started at noon Saturday wrapped up at 2 AM Sunday. Slept for a few hours, made the drive home, got a few...
Cleaned the furnace yesterday. Up in Traverse City for work this weekend. No snow, sunny and 40.
I've done a couple figure skating impressions over the years. Last year I slipped on ice in the driveway while carrying an arm load of firewood...
I swapped the winter tires and rims off the daily driver and put the 'summer' tires and rims back on. I hereby declare winter to be over. At...
I've got 3 foot eaves on the house, so I don't get much solar gain in the summer when the sun is high in the sky. Nice for the AC bills. When I...
I read this again and saw the solar gain comments. That's one thingy that I very rarely get here during heating season. I'm just throwing out a...
I'm pretty fortunate that there aren't ticks in my immediate area. Probably because I'm in orchard country and they spray God knows what around...