Great write up. Sounds like it should be better for you this winter.
In my immediate family there are three dutch west stoves and they have always been reliable. There are very few reviews on the new style stoves...
They have to be standing dead for a LONG time to be burnable. Even when the have been dead for 10+ years they usually will still require a month...
I think the reason they are so expensive has to do with the fact that many people who build one look at the time that they had in it and want to...
:sherlock::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
600 degrees is a bit hot for a reload in my opinion. I shoot for the stove to be quite a bit cooler than that. Liek others have said open the...
My gut says bad things can happen and happen quickly. I had a small oak I was cutting down go terribly wrong with one bad mistake and when it hit...
14 degrees this morning 10 hour burn on oak and pine house is 71 degrees. The stove still has an hour or two before it needs reloaded!
I would give him the wood but still let him order 2 cords so he has a good jump on next years wood!
24 degrees here and headed to the low teens. I am putting some oak in with the pine in a few hours tonight.
Hey there is the picture I was looking for :thumbs:
That had to suck....... I may have cried a little bit if that was mine lol
Yeah that might just be it but it might be a bit taller lol
I shoulda took pictures this thing was huge! I honestly don't think I have ever seen a pine tree this big before!! The diameter of the branches...
I said that same thing today. Told him I was worried about it rolling and said my guess was the pro was going to bring it down in sections.