An interesting enterprise you have there! I am curious... do your providers season the wood any? Do you specify it must be oak or any certain...
He might've meant 8 face cords. Eight cords, can't see it.
Neatly stacked into my 5x8 trailer, a heaping over the top but not to where it would fall off going down the road PLUS full to the bed of my short...
I am thinking at least $.40/split, and if that, the old gent would get 100 splits for $40. Convenience store packages are, what, $7 to $8 and you...
Here are a couple photos. In the second pic, the hickory tree with rusty stain about chest high up on trunk is near middle of pic, it's close to...
My general rule is I'd pay around half the new value, assuming it's in real good condition. Inspect foot, make sure no cracks, make sure it runs....
Starting another thread on this cuz it's kind of unique. An old gent just stopped by as I was loading my truck to deliver. Couldn't afford a cord,...
I also can't imagine it being worthwhile to actually go to the trouble of selling a face cord but that's just me. If I was hungry like I have been...
I don't blame the customer at all, I am def a shopper, myself; I blame the sellers, who would get more if they just tried. I get $240 here until...
I don't understand why sellers sell so cheap. Wow, it's a lot of work! - fell tree without getting killed - cut limbs off without getting killed...
What a great 'score!' I love to run a saw.
It looks an awful lot like willow, especially the bark. When cut, it's got a lot of water, so, it's not so light. Later, it gets light.
I am talking about a tree of, say, six inch DBH and, a log stem off that tree of, say, nine feet long. When I do a stack of firewood, I sometimes...
Yep, black gum, I split some awhile back just to confirm what I thought it might be (black gum) and it looked just like yours, gnarly as can be. I...
I'm actually surprised at the comments about an unfavorable smell. I've never thought of it as offensive, lol. I will have to take more notice....
I am impressed you are 77, as I was about to post that I am soon to be 66 and sure feeling it. I might post about it, have considered it....
Pretty awesome score. Can you go through woods up there to get the ash trees and not destroy a lot of other trees? You had tractors in the woods?...
Very cool, I was wishing for sorting as I viewed it and then noticed that it IS sortable by clicking on the heading!
Fast seasoning time... I don't burn pine but might try it. I've seen red maple mentioned as one that seasons fast. What else that you like? Oak is...