A little research... probably have these in my locale (and perhaps more)... pignut hickory bitternut hickory mockernut hickory shagbark hickory...
You mean you actually process gum? Sweetgum or black gum? Sweetgum smells bad when burned, tell me more. Black gum is about the gnarliest wood...
Does hickory split well, does it split harder or easier than oak? It seems when I look at hickory trees (pignut anyway), I often see a straight...
It seems I don't often see someone say hickory is their favorite firewood. Why is that, any idea? What does oak have over it? I see shagbark...
Geez, would love to buy one of those, Kevin in Ohio, wish you sold! Looks awesome.
Awright, more data!
Anyone know what these brass things are, came with new ATV battery. The plastic holder was snapped onto the top of one of the terminals; the two...
I think Makita owns Dolmar, did at one time anyway and there are some saws suitable for milling. I doubt 6100 is big enough but 7900 probably is....
I have never milled but looked into it and the consensus was to buy big! You can probably mill beams with a 250 but it would be very slow and you...
I could have written your post! I agree with you, I don't understand all the lifting, like you, I split vertically so I don't have to lift! I have...
There are bazillions of those saws in the USA and they work just fine but it's not a pro-level saw. I would recommend a 261 if you could afford it...
I have been wanting to buy a larger trailer than my largest, which is 5x10. I have come across three trailers that caught my eye and every one of...
Thanks for posts, I will walk away due to it not being a good metal for wood. Sure am intrigued with that size!
Anyone have any knowledge of a 2010 vintage, all aluminum utility trailer? I found this trailer, it is 7x12, 5 ft ramps, single axle rated 5k lbs....
We have quite a lot of hackberry trees here. Last year, after researching it quite a bit, I convinced myself a tree I had cut for a neighbor is...
Sure looks like great fun to me! All the world's problems could be solved outside around a fire. Looks like your wood splits are furniture legs, lol!
I bought a cheap $12 meter couple of years ago that is either this one or looks a lot like it -- Portable Wood Moisture Meter Analyzer Tool Timber...
Weird! That would be interesting to get a botanist's/forester's opinion of it.
Funny that you started this thread, I have thought of the VERY same thing! BZB is truly amazing at how many scrounges he does. And he splits all...
I am just a small seller and this is really not firewood country like it is in cold climes. But since I made the OP, I have looked more on FB and...