The most common oak around my town is water oak and the problem is, the old ones are big, 28" to 40" DBH and they are dying. Maybe they just don't...
I made a terrible mistake, my haste cost me. Took 3 Stihl chains to a large Stihl dealer to sharpen. $7.50/chain. One for ms362, 20" bar, two for...
LOL, I bet you're right -- SNOW!
It does look like that.
Saw this pic on 'outdoors with the morgans' page. Do you think this is gravel or lime or pesticide or what is it under the stack? If it's not...
The bark of elm and ironwood is very similar but in my pics, notice the lines in the bark that grow vertically up the tree, those lines are close...
I hope you post a pic and I hope I see it! I love the look of stacked wood but I don't like to put non-uniform stuff on top of stack coverings, to...
My bad, I fixed OP, I mean elm.
EDIT: Title says ash but I mean ELM! When I cut the live tree about a month ago, I assumed it was elm due to its size I guess. I see plenty...
Been meaning to ask... anyone every burned crepe myrtle? You see these as small, ornamental trees. I found some at the dump big enough to be worth...
I was real fired up about the splitter in the OP until I heard the price. But I have been in awe of one attached to a Skidsteer and no telling how...
Bark is off so must have been downed for awhile. Green, it would REALLY have been heavy. Looks like it split well.
You're saying it brings more than oak for firewood there? Why? I know it seasons quicker but does the market realize that?
I tried to buy the Countyline 25-ton at TS, no luck. Incredibly, the manager claimed the sale price was good only on Black Friday. I said that the...
That rounds pyramid is awesome.
Will a Countyline 25-ton push a 4-way wedge? Through oak? And, if so, which wedge?
Use my splitter as a base, a basic splitter like my Countyline 25-ton from Tractor Supply. It's just a splitter, no holding table, single...
Wish I had it!
Amazing score! You will never run out of wood, in fact, you could sell wood.
Might've been Eric B who wrote on another post,"With 35 acres of woods, you should not have to cut down any trees for decades. It will be hard...