You mean girdle instead of fell? Why? Curious. My dad had some land with those thorny trees, I hated tractor flats.
Real nice truck there. I want a new truck, have for years, but as you say, just too high! Ridiculous.
Anyone know, is it better to push the file horizontal, kind of push it back towards the saw or somehow kind of pull up as you push? Actually, if...
Other than hard to split, I recall it as smelling bad when burned. It's a shame it's not a great wood, it grows like weeds around here, grow fast,...
Wow, that is bright! Amazing. I like how you said it swivels. This just pulls from the truck battery? Seems it run it down. Your side panel...
We only have red maple, I think I have read the sugar maple is great firewood.
I have a hole where the dipstick is and one on the opposite end of the motor where the drain is and both have a yellow cap that looks...
I dunno, maybe one cord/yr. Mostly fire pit, some in fireplace. Not very cold here. Harvest own wood from my windthrown/dead/cull trees on my...
Ah, the voice of experience. That makes sense. Also, about the leaves. Why do you think running north-south is better? In winter, the summer sun...
Yep, I know all that but this thread began less about getting truly seasoned wood and more about delivering better wood than what people are...
The question that raises is, what if you had just made a big pile? No outside stacks around the perimeter. Just simply toss splits to build a mound.
Your red oak bark looks different from our red oak. I guess it's northern red oak and I have southern red oak.
I use various ones like Atlas Showa and use chainsaw gloves when saw is in hand but for handling wood, my favorite is plain jane leather welder...
Got a pic? That's interesting. Sounds like it would be high off the ground.
mnguns, what wood is that?
What do you think of this idea? Most all sellers around here sell recently cut wood, it's green, not seasoned. Mostly oak. I sell a few cords and...
Can anyone tell me... taking it to a dealer like I did and he used his machine... is it just the way it is with these machines that each tooth...
No cold weather during this entire period. As for flooding, this refusal to start happened over several weeks, so, it doesn't seem it would be...
BTW, I had decided to start replacing parts, the cheapest first. But before I did that, I decided to, one last time, try to crank it. Would you...
Processors that load a log, then use a bar/chain to cut each round off, then split... the bar/chain... anyone know what controls the speed that...