I like coals, they extend my burn without overheating the house like a bigger load of wood would:emb:. I tune the coal bed with the depth of ashes...
+1 If my glass gets a white haze on it, it bugs the crap out of me. After all, that's half the reason I bought a Woodstock: clear, beautiful fire...
To explain my lack of understanding a little further, I've had wood heat most of my 39 years, but I've never had an undersized stove/coaling...
Dave lets discuss your coaling. You are one of the few that has coaling problems with a cat stove (I think). I'm sure it's due to the extreme OAT...
Welcome Thomas Great product.
Appearently Im missing the obvious. For those with excessive coaling, Why not burn at a higher draft setting through the duration of the load, to...
No thanks
I've noticed that on the national news this year. Why close a school down for single digit weather? Our coldest morning this winter was -2F and...
After the ice storm of '09 my friend got an estimated bill that was over twice as much as the month before. He called them and explained that...
Welcome Stinny. Assuming your wood isnt truly dry 20% MC or less, and the masonry chimney, I would keep a very close eye on creosote build up....
Yes it does Will:cool:
Red oak White oak Hedge Hickory
There is a rumor of hoodies.
Charleston is nice, old south historic. Myrtle Beach if your into spring break type stuff. Avoid Jacksonville, NC unless you want to be surrounded...
No wonder we can't get a hoodie. Scotty is running all over town in his custom van:p
I all depends on the framing and condition of the house. More than likely reinforcement isn't needed, but if it is, it should be an easy job to...
That's a lot to ask of 2.1 cuft from the basement. 'Couse it has a lot to do with how much time you spend at home to reload when needed. A 2.1...
I thought I was pretty good at filing a chain.....I don't know the half of it. Keep it coming, I'm learning.
Damp paper towel should wipe the haze right off.
If you have black goop stuck in the corners, the abrasive ash works good(and your wood is too wet). For fly ash, a damp paper towel works great.