Its nice to have someone dragging the brush for you. If they dont have much experience around a saw I always give them the "dont sneak up behind...
Is the upstairs staying warm? Any other heat source being used?
How many sqft are you heating ZeeB?
The Keystone has been tested and approved for use with a 6" chimney. Mine drafts great.
Concrete is tested using a "slump" test. Butter slump?
Ive put .93 cord on the porch this winter. Ive got about three arm loads left. 100% wood heat.
Snow tonight, Tuesday, and some of the local weather are dreaming 10-12" Friday. 20 years ago that was common, rare now.
I'll have to youtube Humbodt and snipe, thanks for the info. I was afraid to notch it very deep, thought I might get into the hollow and lose the...
The tree sprung back as the top hit the ground, pushing the trunk back up on the stump. Not sure if that was avoidable but it makes bucking a...
[ATTACH]Pushing brush with my homemade forks. [ATTACH] Neighbor called wanting a "rick" of wood. This is the first of two fork loads that made a...
[ATTACH] Please excuse all the junk. I bought this property over the summer. It borders my old place. It had a mobile home on it at this is whats...
[ATTACH] [ATTACH]
29" DBH Red Oak. Hollow, hanging over the location of future shop. Other than the hole and being a little hollow, easy tree. Landed just where I...
I forgot, raking the coals to the front of the stove, to be air washed also lessens the build up. Most know/do this also. Sooo many ways to manage...
I sifted my ash in to the pan this morning, probably had an honest 2 inches of ash + coals in the FB. I'll let it build up again over the next 3-4...
[ATTACH] FB seconds after cat engaged.
50 min; STT 425F CP 1100F PT 250F FB is mostly dark, cat is solid orange.
Way to make them eat their words Dave.
This morning experiment: I let the fire go aout this morning, stove is still slightly warm. Reloaded with three medium/small splits of Red Oak...