You dont like glass?
I would buy a Princess or a Sirocco 30, whichever is cheaper. I need low burn capability.
The Hickory is really surprising.
If it only gets up to 140F, I wouldn't worry about it. You should have seen the death traps I survived as a kid.
How much mantle clearance do you have?
Some (many) of us have seen what happens when a forum gets out of hand. It aint purdy. It aint fun.
Sometimes my true colors show. I'll try to behave. Great site.
Positive or negative difference? Ive never burned Locust.
Gunny Hartman "choke yourself!"
Which do you prefer?
Be thankful that AK has Birch. Otherwise it would be uninhabitable. :D
I only leave the draft fully open until I have some flames in the FB. Then I drop the draft to 2-2.5 Otherwise pipe temps spike.
I never get tired of watching that:rofl: :lol: Can you imagine the loads of $h!t talking that led up to that trip around the parking lot?
I'm not sure how much difference the draft would be with a 6" vs 7" liner. My KS is absolutely controllable on my 16' chimney. I can go from a box...
I burned mostly Hackberry one winter, probably 20 years ago. Stringy and not the highest BTU, but it burned fine. It smelled odd in the stacks,...
Charlie did you get your probe yet?
Happens every time there is a wide spread power outage in the winter. People wake up dead.
In 21 hours, no surprise. Who's the lucky guy?
Ash pan plus larger glass is why I went with the KS. I also prefer the less Victorian look and the KS has plenty of firepower for me.
My surface temp on single wall will get to 700 in a hurry with the draft open on bypass. Flames shooting up the pipe like a rocket. Ive never seen...