1.5 cords:whistle: The same as last year, even though it was much colder this year. Dryer wood....
Anyone else? I started this winter with 21 month CSS Red Oak at 16-19% MC and a box of wally world fire starters. I use a ~one cubic inch piece...
He will be knocking again next year...
I suspect higher draft settings, causing more air currents, will carry more fly ash into the cat. With my draft set on 2 (50%) the flames are...
"If you are using a vertical splitter, try laying sheet of 3/4" plywood on the ground next to the base. Place a 24" length of pipe about where the...
For me, the difference in a small load and a full load is usually only one split:emb:
Very sad, I hope you have many fond memories to comfort you.
Impressive.
I'm not a beta tester but here's my $.02 on Woodstock ash pans. I think WS designs all there ash pans like this.... The Keystone has angled 1/4"...
D&T, sorry for the partial de-rail. These IS threads are all over the place so I just picked one.:) If this has been covered, I apologize. Have...
I'd like to see a video of an IS going from raging inferno to blackout. Or at least read a detailed account.
As a person that heats exclusively with a 1.4 cuft stove, I think a 1.2 cuft upgrade is very substantial. BTU ratings aside, 1/3 more cuft = 1/3...
Welcome to the forum. Nice elk.
It's actually worth it:)
Having burned steel and now a soapstone, I think the "soft" that I feel now is the lack of high heat temp swings that the stone absorbs and...
My "local" hardware store has stopped selling winter gear also..... Because they have sold out:(
How about cutting a hole in the rear heatshield of the IS and adding one of these. [ATTACH]
Hardcore for over 30 years, new to an EPA stove.
http://www.searchcraigslist.org/
https://www.google.com/cse?cx=008732268318596706411:nhtd4cwl5xu&q=blazeking&oq=blazeking&gs_l=partner.3...5408.9026.0.9931.9.9.0.0.0.0.15.36.9.9.0....