https://woodheatstoves.com/free/NFPA211_old.pdf Page 38 I wouldn't use plywood, it's another combustable that would be closer to the stove than...
I've seen lots of HL, never one that bad. +1 on the thorns going right through shoes and tires.
Give it another couple of years :D
Maybe I missed it but what are the details of your house? Square footage, single story, age, amount of insulation, lots of leaky windows, drafty,...
The nc30 is $899 at Home Depot
The "13" is a very small stove, probably not going to give you what you are looking for. The "30", its big brother is a power house. Not sure if...
midfielder welcome to the FHC. Here is some info on controlling overfires. The info mostly refers to straight cat stoves (like we have) vs a...
Jon1270 that is the post I had in mind. Could you do the photoshop trick on an average looking stack? I for one can't stack wood that tight o_O....
We has two stoves over the years that looked like that. I think one was an Ashley and the other a King. As I remember they were hard to regulate....
The only thing cooler than someone's Paw joining the site?.....Someone's Maw:yes: Welcome Grizzly's Paw
Depending on how tight it is stacked, a cord of wood is ~30% air space. So, the seller may be about right. Welcome to the forum steelcity.
I wonder it they are basically the same stove, with the door moved to the front? Mine had the same pedestal also.
[ATTACH]
[ATTACH] Here's a pic of my old Sierra. I've never even seen a pic of another one like it. Someone moved the flue collar from the back to the...
It should be good for another 40 years now. Do you have any pics of the outside of it? I had an old Sierra that I bought off my mom. It was a good...
Fireplace dimensions will determine how large an insert you can fit. I'm not very familiar with inserts but list your FP size and others will jump...
Manufacturers BTU numbers are mostly sales hype. Firebox size is where the horsepower comes from. To sustain high BTU's from a small firebox, you...
WOW I can't believe that nice pink red oak averages in the mid 20's. That's great news. I started my first year with an EPA stove right where...
:fire:
^This sounds like a lack of draft problem. What was the outside temp? The firewood looks primo but very unseasoned. My oak turns very dark grey...