Fantastic!!
Don't make us come out there and drop those big oaks around the house.......that'd get you back up to the 7-10 year plan.....
metalcuttr have you seen this yet? I gotta say,as a guy who climbs,this is one cool piece! What a great idea to use old, worn-out or otherwise...
I have a little pile of sassafras wood for smoking/cooking, but I did take the time to remove all the sapwood/bark and split only the heartwood...
Amazingly, no. It was at a big campground, it was a 70' tall forest tree, barely any limbs at all. All kept was the trunk. It was around 20" dbh.
Love the smell of it burning, it puts out big BTU's too. The black birch I took down a month ago was absolutely MISERABLE to split, almost as bad...
I'm sitting primarily on (highest quantity to lowest quantity per species in order) black locust, honey locust, white oak, red and pin oak, apple,...
There's a few woods that I RARELY let slip through my hands.....Hickory is one of them...... So is locust, white oak, standing dead red oak,...
I'm in the process of chainsaw carving 30-40 pumpkins for a local crafter show as we speak.... Some of the ones I've carved in the past.........
Dang, wish we could've been there.... Hoping for something good this coming spring!!