Maybe you should have been nicer to her, you just missed out on s major score of oak. The tree was coming down no matter what, now you are...
Looks like BTU's no matter what species of maple. :dex:
I can see not liking to wrestle the big rounds. My shoulder is messed up so I get it. So much wood from the big rounds.
Kept seeing the references to the Isocore . For $65 I figure why not. Played with some beech. Good workout, nice maul, but will likely stick to...
damm. Nice score!!!!!
Definitely hickory. I have several on the ground right now. Great stuff, once stuff once Dry after 2 years.
A few in action pics. A few logs near the house for the weekend, most in the 14-20 inch range. . Not excited about the mud. Two pics of the...
New road and logs up on hill[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
I can drop the bucket on the front or the skidding winch. It is very steep, but dry so I did not slip. Tipping sideways if the log rolls is the...
I ordered an isocore Friday on Amazon after reading this forum. It came yesterday much to my surprise. After splitting for years with a single...
Glad you are okay. I had something similar happen once, luckily aside from bruises I did not get hurt. Luckily you will live to saw another...
Second largest log from the leaner hickory down to the house. Forgot how fun skidding down steep hills is . Gave up on my and built a whole new...
Felling to me is basic physics. as long as center of mass is on the side you want the tree to go, perfect. Cutting the proper hinge is critical....
If you have them, try them. I love the RSL chain as it cuts so aggressively. If you take your time, you can sharpen these if you pay attention.
I do not have to transport it, as I have a supply behind my house. I would say from the time the saw starts, skid it, block, split and stack it...
Sad, and so avoidable
The trees I cut were much larger, but I hinged and used much better common sense. Similar hang up pattern though.
Come get you some!
Next fall I mean.
I have 4 more of these, all of which are 24 inch at the stump. Three are solid, one is kinda hollow. I have three from January in the stacks...