I think people think that ash is not any good for firewood. I was telling a guy I had firewood for sale and he was interested til he found out it...
That's great.
I have some ash that I want to sell and I can't get any interest in it. I have the load stacked on the trailer so the person can see what they are...
Should I add the square filed double half skip chain?
Yes.
My splitter came with a predator. I am amazed at how well it runs.
You need to unbolt the pump from the engine and see how hard the engine turns over. The pump may be misaligned or jambed against the crankshaft.
Clem, a magnifying glass or magnifier app may be helpful to look at the cutter.
My predator starts on the first pull.
Around $150.
I tried it this morning. It cuts good. It self feeds like a filed chain. Thanks for your help.
When I sharpened the left side cutters, the one farthest from you when it is in the vice, I had the vise tilted inward. I had it tilted outward...
55/30/10 [IMG]
done Will vote again in 12hrs.
You have a Roughneck grinder from NT don't you?
Thanks for taking those pics Moparmyway. Maybe I'll get a chance to grind a chain tomorrow.
I'll try that but when I file a chain I don't use any tilt. What would be the difference on a grinder?
The rakers are .025." Here is that chart I was referring to....
That is 60* verified with an angle finder. I found where Stihl said to use a 40* side plate angle and then I have seen where they say to use 60*....
I've only done 2 or 3 chains on my Roughneck grinder and I have not been happy with the results. The chain will not self feed. I think I am not...