Take it to a rad shop and let them clean it and put a liner in it.
I like that you compared it to a stock saw. It looks like the ported one is 30% faster.
It is just an old chain that I had. I don't have any other chains for a .325 20."
I'm running a Stihl semi-chisel chain. [MEDIA]
Congrats on the saw too.
That is a very nice dealership. That 8N not only has a flathead V8 but is 4WD and has a Sherman trans.
Uglies are my current shoulder season wood.
I bet that stack could be seen from google earth!
I probably have 1/2 cord of uglies 3/4 cord of kindling CSS.
I have 6 CSS.
To convert to Craigslist cords multiply by 1.72.
Have you checked to see how long it takes different types of wood to dry?
Eric VW Do you have a moisture meter?
Wood can dry out a lot in 6 months but, it depends on how it is cut, split, stacked, when it was cut, and the type of wood.
link:Firewood
It is not an east cost thing. Wood is only sold by the cord here. It is actually illegal to sell wood in VA any other way.
It could be the chain is sitting in the vice different. I was thinking it may be the angle of the cutter. [IMG] That Oregon chain I did was on...
30-55-10 worked good on that oregon chain. I think the shape of the cutter on Stihl RS chain is different than the oregon and I am not getting...
Here is the RS I tried Saturday. I tried tilting the vise both ways and could not get enough hook. I guess I am going to have to tilt the head on...
What angles do you guys use for Stihl RS?