Around here, I can figure we will get a big dump in March. Usually the biggest of the year. Doesn't last long but it is here. Since you have the...
I can feel for you. I normally burn around 3 cords per year. The end of Dec and Jan. cold snap put a big dent in my supply. This year we are...
It was rainy today and windy. A little cold with the wind and rain. I will take it for the first day of March. Cold front has now pasted through...
I have new carpet for my stove room and going to make a raised hearth for my stove. From my inquiry on construction in the Wood Pile thread...
Beautiful. I take it that the Eldorado Stone is what is on the wall. Is what I am seeing is how it comes or is it individual stones? While I am at...
Another problem that I see is, there is a baseboard heater that I have to move about 4" to accommodate the hearth or build around it. Not the...
What about some sort of Cherry? Bark on the most recent picture looks a little cherryish, but wood color is a little off on what I would suspect.
What height is a good point and haven't really considered it. I was thinking 4" to 6" for ease of construction, but 12" to 16" would sure help...
My stove sits on top of a mineral board with carpet under it. We have new carpet for the stove room and I would like to construct a raised hearth....
Thanks for the input. I now have a little idea how to separate loads. Not expecting to get rich from the scrape, but would like to make enough to...
I am in the process of cleaning my shop after 10 years and have recycle questions. 1) NiCd batteries. Do they pay me at the scrap yard for them or...
"How High Is The Water" Ralphie? [MEDIA] Hoping your wood survives.
Not getting much done the last few days. I blame it all on Woodwidow . :hair: Olympics are on and she got me addicted to Curling. Haven't be able...
It is crazy how that happens. Many times I can look at my sister's temperature in Anchorage and she is warmer than us. We were in the teens and...
Would love to make the drive, but it would mean no GTG at Well Seasoned 's
Definitely everyone should make the trip at least once. My first trip to Alaska was in 1989. I believe this will be my 10th trip. The problem in...
OFF TO GO FISHING in June YIP YIP YIPPE Took my wife to Red Lobster for Valentines Day tonight. My wife hands me a card. There was a note in the...
Ok. Maybe went over my head. Cow patties are much larger to hoard and dry for heat. I have had a few of those around here also.
I have seen it before. As far as gender, I don't think it matters. If it starts, no more babies.
If it starts, another idiot removed from the gene pool.