Thanks for the links, very interesting reading :thumbs:
Interesting. We don't have any ash trees down here, so I'm not well versed in the ash borers
Uh oh
Nice! Pin oak? Smooth bark down here is water oak, but I'm not sure of the ranges of pin and water
I was just about to say that Paul. Oddly enough, I gave a speech in class a few weeks back and talked about coppicing in it. Very interesting...
I did the exact same thing when I was getting started. Thought sweetgum was oak and boy was I excited. Then I got shut down when I started...
The light grey logs laying right above the stump are poplar In the first pic, I see poplar and possibly sweetgum. I'm not seeing any white oak
The lighter colored grey stuff on the right is definitely poplar. The other stuff I'm pretty sure is sweetgum. If you have hydros, it's no big...
Nice! Sure that's all oak and poplar? In that first pic, the logs with the black growth on the ends look like sweetgum...
Anyone used the granberg mini mill? I see them on northern tools site for $84. Seems like a good price Edit: that's some beautiful walnut terry!
Looking at the pics, I was wondering. Doesn't sound like it's been down long I've never had any hackberry, but I've had plenty of sweetgum and...
Those are some cool stoves. Looks like a meat experience. I especially like the rifle themed stove. You think he shoots much 308? :D
Yeah, I'm gonna need to find one of those
Nice trailer :thumbs:
That sure must've been nice! Filled my truck the other day. For the low low price of 75 bucks o_O Although, the 22 gallon tank in my dodge is way...
Very nice! Easy splittin huh?
Sure would make stacking and loading the truck easier!
Now who wants to try to split that thing :axe::rofl: :lol:
It's getting to be about that time of the year again where the short sleeve work shirts don't cut it anymore. Where do you guys get your flannel...
No, but I'm in the same boat as you- one, maybe :rofl: :lol: