Excited to see that vid mdavlee Tree crew I work for has a couple 372 ground saws and a 441 that gets taken up the big trees to pieces down the...
Now that's more like it. Nice stacks :thumbs:
Glad it went smoothly! My brother and I took down a young poplar on our fenceline earlier this year as well. We kinda boogered up the fence though...
I just split up some magnolia, very light colored wood. I bet a magnolia bowl would be real nice looking :thumbs:
Maybe that's good. People may stay away from scrounges for fear of pizzing off that crazy guy down the street that sniffs wood :rofl: :lol:
Haha I do the same. Especially wood I'm trying to ID. Smell is as good a tool as any :rofl: :lol:
Nice. To me, read oak smells like a freshly opened bag of salt & vinegar chips :thumbs:
You split any yet? If pin oak is anything like our water oak, it smells a bit like a cat box. Nothing like that nice smell of red oak or white oak...
Nice stacks chvyman :thumbs:
How about some FHC chaps :rofl: :lol:
Nice! I need some hoodies for under the carhartt when winter rolls around :thumbs:
Nice 046 :thumbs:
Good luck with that one. Use a throw line to get some tannerite up there, then hit it with the slugs :D:rootintootin:
I agree, if hoodies/sweatshirts end up being made I'd like either safety or forest green. That'd look great :thumbs:
Might not help sales much :rofl: :lol:
That's a dang nice saw. Tree company I work for has one that gets busted out for flush cutting BIG stumps when the 660 won't cut it (pun...
I like the yellow a lot as well. I'd be in for a yellow if another round is done :thumbs:
I'd love to see a build thread when you get started :thumbs:
Cool video stinny! Always neat to see how things used to be done, especially in the logging industry
Sounds like a great deal to me. Love those old saws