Ive been fooled by "beech" masquerading as maple. The heartwood rot pretty common on them around here. Some nice wood there! :yes:
Wow! Just think of how much firewood could be stacked in there? :stacker: Sorry, thinking like a hoarder here.:tree: :D
Ive described fresh split pin oak like manure. Ive had mounds of fresh split red oak and the neighbor complained about the "aroma". Fresh...
Beech can be a "beech" to split. I've had it nice and straight splitting clean with some on the wavy side and stringy. I was just mixing some...
Impressive amount to start off the year. :thumbs: Looks like the covered stack has hardly been touched.
Yes. Basswood hand splits like a dream, cottonwood not so much.
Just found this one.Husqvarna 346xp chainsaw Looks decent despite the partial rebuild. Im going that way tomorrow with a wood delivery and coming...
Same here of sorts. Id scrounge out of my own woods, but wheelbarrowing it out got old, plus there was not a lot from year to year. I haven't...
You win. You get some nice logs out of your woods. Ive warmed my hands on the hydro after its been running for a while. Dried gloves too.
X2. I seldom hand split anymore. The Isocore used to section up large rounds for easier handling. I've used the X27 for the same. Had I kept...
I get the same price as normal length splits. I have a couple regulars for it including black locust which ill separate. Ill advertise it as...
Nope! Im not very photogenic!:nerd:
:drool: Nothing better than bacon, well 'cept more bacon!
Group therapy has been working. I haven't bought a saw yet this year! :D :saw: :loco: :crazy: :rofl: :lol:
:handshake: Love the shirt. Been worn twice and washed once already. Had me second guessing on if it was you or not. Made me wonder. Hey...
Interesting? Not too many that sign up for SS end up fessing up when all is said and done.
Perfectly burnable wood, just in oddball "unconventional" shapes and sizes. How often do you have to restock that pile during the season? Nice...
Both of the packages I received were shipped from neighboring states. South Carolina & Florida IIRC?
Up until 2017-18 I was a one saw cutter. Now check out my signature line! :whistle: :saw: Safe to say FHC was a "good" influence. Be sure to...
The OP was from 2023. GTG was May 2023. Im thinking it conflicted or you had another commitment IIRC.