O.K., here's some more pictures of the finished stacks. I still need to pick up a few more roofing panels to cover it all. FWIW, I'll be...
Glad to hear that you are still keeping busy in your retirement! You never work a day if it's something you love. As far as milling, I don't...
Over the last 8 or so years, I've worked with 3 different sawyers. The first two were very good and very fast and charged by the hour, but both...
Wife and I put in a little stacking time tonight. Between the muggy weather and our general states of exhaustion from yesterday, we couldn't...
A little quarter sawn grain. [IMG] Ignore the perpendicular saw marks. The sawyer was really conscientious and would be appalled at me showing...
Day 4. Both !and mom are doing great! They are now out of the barn and into a little protected patch of the paddock. Each lamb has put on a...
Great looking shed!
BTW, This was a "test run" of milling some dead standing chestnut oak to see if it was worth doing more. Right now I probably have an additional...
Well, I finally got a portable bandsaw miller out here to saw my whack of 1500 bd-ft of mostly chestnut oak and a little black cherry. It kicked...
Yup. We've been looking at Pyrenees and other livestock guarding dogs or other animals like donkeys, llamas, etc. For right now "The manger is...
Twin lambs this morning. One boy and one girl. All doing fine so far. Wish us luck. [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]
Rick Hearne is an interesting cat. I met him about 12 yr ago shopping for some live edged cherry. He definitely figured out how to sell...
Latex paint works well too, but getting harder to find, since everything seems to be going to acrylic. Acrylic may work? Don't know.
Anchor Seal ends immediately after cutting. I've done the paraffin wax thing and it was a miserable pain. Wax solidifies too fast and...
Here's a couple of links to Nebraska State Forest Service Find a Forester | Nebraska Forest Service Landowner Resources | Nebraska Forest Service
Yes they are. Need to get reputable forester to help you. Maybe your state extension has one who would deal with smallish plot like that. Do...
Even the best metal detectors miss non metallic F.O.D. like ceramic insulators for electric fence, rocks, etc. Single trees rarely have enough...
P.S. Here's Scott tuning and cutting with it. [MEDIA]
My MS361 came back from Scott Kunz, a.k.a. Tree Monkey. All I can say is "Wowee, wow, wow!" It absolutely rips. [IMG] All the Stihls are ported...
I'm out. Dad's 80th B-day that weekend. Bummer.