Cool to see that. I grew up on a farm and know what it takes to make tillable land. After they pull all the stumps, then if they chose to make the...
Was going to build a firewood rack. Checked prices of lumber. A few months ago, a 2x4 was about $3. Now, it's $5.70. Sheesh, what? Have you...
I have the 25 ton and I haven't been stopped, it works fine. Inflation shows up again, I paid $799 on sale for mine about three years ago.
Dennis, cool to know you don't use wedges. I didn't either until I watched a ton of videos and I noticed that some experts in Scandanavia were...
Wondering how successful you guys are at felling trees. I thought I was decent at this but I got going this year maybe a month ago and my felling...
I have a ported 362 and it is super strong. Of course, that adds significant cost. If cost is a factor, I'd buy two used saws. Plenty of saws for...
I bought several gallons of Tractor Supply brand (County Line) bar chain oil last year when on sale. Do you think it is ok to store it outside in...
I have a 362 and have been wanting a longer bar than my 20 inch. Upon researching it, it appears to me that Stihl brand bar (if that is what you...
I vote mulberry. My first thought upon viewing was it's not yellow enough for osage orange (hedge, bois d'arc, horse apple, any number of names!).
Cool it worked out! Never heard of this notch and it's odd that googling "sizehill felling notch" produces zero hits! You sure about spelling?
If your home-made wooden ones last 2-3 years, that's amazing. Plastic ones I have owned don't!
I bought three wedges today, Archer 10" and they have grooves in them so that if you stack them to fell a tree, they stick together better to...
Does it make sense that wood that is a bit punky doesn't split easy? I scored some oak, don't know the species. Bark and wood looks like water oak...
Each fall, I am reminded how unpredictable tree work is. Even if they are on the ground. Just yesterday, got whacked in the shin by a limb I did...
Firewood Bandit, I don't understand your explanation. You say don't go all the way through and then right after that you say go all the way...
What great wood! I wish we had that wood here, I don't think we do. A wiki says it can be found in all 48 states of continental USA but that is...
As for pickeroons, I have a short handle one and it's real handy.
I wonder why everyone doesn't use those instead of plastic!
I'm in!
Sorry... felling wedges.