That’s not a Bradford. Possibly a Bosc, or Bartlett Pear.
It smelled like cherry when I was cutting it. I couldn’t smell cherry after cutting.
I had a couple of reliable sources look at the wood and they said cherry. So here’s what I’m thinking. The wood was next to the Pear and the Pear...
It has a 20” light 04 bar on it and it is heavier than a 261 with a 16” bar. I don’t have a lot of time with it, but my initial impression is it’s...
[ATTACH]
Little Wednesday scrounge [ATTACH]
Could be a fruit pear, but I don’t see any fruit on the tree or ground. I guess they could already be gone
I’ve cut Bradford and wood doesn’t match Bradford.
Ancient Serviceberry?
Wood is harder and heavier than cherry
Smells like cherry when cutting. Wood color leans cherry. Leaves look like pear. Bark? Wood is petrified hardwood. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
I’m going to see if I can feed the squirrels this bucket of dwarf chestnut. [ATTACH]
I’ll show you sometime. As much tree work as you do it would help. Clove hitch is another useful knot. I think 3 ring is a variation of butterfly.
My back cut was too deep on one side and severed some of the hinge. I didn’t want to stop and stick my head around to look, because I was worried...
If you know running bowline and 3 ring you can do almost all tree work. They don’t lock up when put under extreme loading.
Yes, it got rolled to the side.
Did you go to the Baseball HOF? It’s a beautiful area. My son played the 12yo tournament there 12yrs ago.
My Sunday morning job was to eliminate this punky broken Virginia Pine over a driveway. My plan was to notch it towards the road and pull it out....
That made me think of all the villes around here. I’ll name a few and I’m sure there’s 100’s more. Kernersville, Statesville, Fayetteville,...